Rubis Modeling and Problem Solving
About the Course
A tool for our times, Rubis is a multipurpose numerical modeling tool that can be used standalone or seamlessly in combination with other KAPPA modules.
The interface allows for a rapid build based on geometry with the unstructured grid being filled automatically dependent on the type of problem to be solved.
The engineer can therefore concentrate on the problem, running multiple scenarios to arrive at forecasts, reserves, investigation of possible intervention opportunities and what if’s in a very short time frame without worrying about the mechanics of 'driving' a complex simulator.
Rubis Modelling and Problem Solving short courses
Based on feedback from our clients, a potpourri of cases covering typical real-world issues and challenges will be discussed and taught.
These include but are not limited to:
Software coverage includes Saphir (S), Topaze (T) and Rubis (R)
- Integrated multiphase compositional modelling
- Sector tuning workflow using GRDECL (new in KW v5.30)
- Coal Seam Gas (CSG)
- Gas Coning – water cusping modelling
- Troubleshooting tips in numerical modelling
- Extended Saphir options for PTA practitioners
- Modelling multilateral and complex wells
- Integrated multilayer analysis workflow using PLT
- Modelling ICDs
- EOS modelling (immiscible gas displacement)
- Aquifer connections in highly dipping reservoirs
- Rubis basic workflow (from model building to forecasting)
- Modelling depletion via multiple gas tanks
- Modelling multi-layer and multi-regions
- Rubis Sector to Saphir
- GRDECL options in Rubis
- Multilateral wells with multiple Intakes
- PTA modeling of water influx via side Aquifers
Pre-Requisites to attend the course
- Although very beneficial, no prior knowledge of KAPPA software is required. The software, for individual, personal non-commercial use, will be provided before the course.
- Please note that training is done using ZOOM.
- All training is done with KAPPA-workstation v5.30.02. Examples and workflows will not work in earlier versions.
- We advise two screens are used so you can see trainer’s screen and work on your own screen.
- In some sessions we may operate an ‘observer’s gallery’ which allows participants who were not able to secure hands-on place to watch and learn.
- If you have any questions please email: email@example.com
No public course planned
All courses are conducted in English unless otherwise notified.
To be announced
Have questions ?
To be announced