Formation Testing - Azurite Learning Management System (FT-Azurite LMS)
- Strong emphasis on practical planning and acquisition considerations
- Data QAQC and interpretation working with real data in Azurite
- Immediate return on investment with attendees able to perform commercial analysis upon completion of the course
The KAPPA FT-Azurite LMS has been designed to teach the practical aspects of design, data acquisition, QAQC and analysis of Formation Tests.
A set of exercises are used to illustrate the process and workflow.
By the end of the training the student should be capable of pressure gradient analysis to identify fluids, fluid contacts, and barrier identification, to use Azurite to obtain field pressure and mobility from a formation tester, conduct related transient analysis, identify, quantify and mitigate sources of pressure and depth errors, understand the importance of petrophysical integration and recommend operational best practice.
The training is divided into five modules.
The student will earn a badge upon completion of each module that include quizzes and practical exercises using Azurite leading to a certificate of successful completion.
The KAPPA LMS uses ‘blended learning’ where, although much of the course is using web-based learning modules it also requires the student to work on real data on a locally installed copy of Azurite and interact live with practising KAPPA engineers.
You are not alone!
- Describe the primary applications of Wireline and LWD formation testing
- Describe the data acquisition procedure for pressure, mobility and sampling
- Apply pressure gradient analysis interpretation techniques to identify fluid type, gas/oil/water contacts, and the free water level
- Describe methods to determine mobility from a formation tester
- Use Azurite to QC and improve mobility and pressure data
Describe the sources of pressure and depth errors
- implications for interpretation
- how to mitigate errors
- Multiwell analysis
- Pressure Transient Analysis specific to FT
Introduction to FT
What is a formation test and why do we run them?
Formation Testing Tools and Data Acquisition
Basic principles of FT operation with an overview of tools and modules.
Pressure drawdown analysis (vs time)
Station sequence (events); Pretests, MiniDST, Pstop and Pdd, draw down mobility, QA/QC criteria, test quality.
Overview of Azurite vs time capabilities (automatic identification of events and parameters)
Pressure gradient analysis (vs depth)
Gradient uncertainties (Presure and Depth), Excess pressure, free water level vs the petrophysical contact.
Supercharging (description, prediction and detection).
Integrating FT mobility measurements into petrophysical analysis.
Overview of Azurite vs depth capabilities (automatic gradient identification, statistics, multiwell).
Pressure Transient Analysis (PTA)
PTA theory revision, specific FT diagnostic plots, single probe analysis, multiprobe analysis (VIT) and anisotropy, Mini DST, Multilayer analysis and test design.
No public course planned
All courses are conducted in English unless otherwise notified.
To be announced
Have questions ?
To be announced